Kellys First Trip to the Zoo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Ueno
August 23rd 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to the sound of Maz telling the snorer hes an absolute cock! We were a bit tired especially as he rustles his plastic bags at 6 in the morning, it wasnt a good start to the day!
We took our morning trip to starbucks and then got the metro to Ueno where we'd heard there was a zoo and a park. The park was very impressive, lots of war monuments and a temple. We saw an outdoor soup kitchen, a jazz musician and an aray of fountains. We also stopped to watch a street entertainer do a balancing trick - Maz wasnt impressed, she thought she could do a lot better so when we run out of money we can put her theory to the test.
We spotted a childrens play area and couldnt resist playing on the swings! Janine decided to use the public toilets and had to do her own balancing act and piss in hole. She got over this humilation when we spotted the zoo.
Kelly was especially exited as she had never been to a zoo so for the bargin price of 600yen (£3) we got a free map and made our way round. It was very impressive, we saw polar bears, monkeys, penguins, elephants, lions, tigers and bears, oh my! There was also a scary petting zoo where we played with sheep and goats.
After a couple of hours we went in search of food and found Watami and the red light district. We walked home in the rain and went to MacDonalds for dinner. Janine went to bed stuffed after eating an icecream sundae and a whole pack of pockys.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb