Fish and Beers


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
August 22nd 2008
Published: August 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At 6am we were rudely awoken by the snoring man but we managed to get back to sleep and got up around 10am. We had breakfast, took our morning trip to Starbucks and decided to explore Shinjuku, Tokyos business district. We visited the Toyko Metropolitan Government Building and took the lift to the 45th floor. It is the tallest building in Tokyo, standing at 243 metres, the views were amazing. One a clear day you can see Mount Fuji but sadly it was a bit too hazy.
We took the metro back to Asakusa for lunch at a restaurant recommended to us by two English guys from the hostel. The food wasn't great, we all had sticky rice, chicken, onions and egg. The chicken looked like cat and the rice was extremely sweet but the miso soup was yummy!
We then went back to the hostel and chilled for a bit. At around 8ish me (Hel) and J9 decided to go for dinner, Kel and Maz ate in the hostel. We decided to head to a restuarant that had been recommended to us by a German guy in the hostel, he told us that you could get amazing things for 100yen and we were very exited. J9s excellent map reading skills got us there but we were dissapointed to discover it was a pound shop and not the reasonably priced restaurant we were expecting so we continued to walk round Asakusa for another hour.
We ended up in Watami and after all the walking decided to have a well deserved beer. As the beer arrived we got exited as we thought we were getting a free bowl of nuts, unfortunately it was a bowl of teeny-tiny raw fish! Janine dared me to lick one... so i did! Everything we ordered was really tasty, except the chicken skin skewers, yuk!
We then went back to the hostel, relaxed and watched another episode of Family Guy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb