First days


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Asakusa
May 22nd 2007
Published: May 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tokyo6Tokyo6Tokyo6

Blood, guts, and big knives; who would'nt like Tokyo's largest fish market.
We arrived yesterday at two in the afternoon. The plane flight was not bad at all. We both took or sleeping drugs and knocked ourselves out for at least seven of the 11 total hours. After we arrived we took a 80 min. train ride to Tokyo city, and from there we walked to our hostel. It was a very clean, contemporary hostel. All concrete and glass. We decided to take a little nap, but it turned into a full on sleep cycle. We finally got up at four in the morning to go see the fish market, but we took too long and missed it. After we checked in our bags into a locker at the main Tokyo Station, we went on to explore the city. I really like it, it reminds me a little of New York City, but a little smaller, and I can't understand any of the advertisements... We wanted to get some breakfast but we couldn't find any place that was opened. It seemed very odd that in the whole metropolitan city of Tokyo we couldn't find one breakfast joint that opened before seven in the morning. We went on to see some very interesting things such as the Imperial Palace and surrounding gardens. It was very nice, easily comparable to Central Park. Lots of neat trees, big stone walls and wooden bridges. After getting some help from a old white guy, we found our way to the Sony Building, which was closed (like everything else...), the finally found some food that was very good, and Randy and I split a little bowl of fried shrimp, eggs, rice, and what seemed like a Japanese version of coleslaw. We saw a lot of neat things but I don't have my camera on hand or I would upload all the pictures. Some nice temples, some very interesting buildings, and I will never get tired of different kinds of people. We wanted to go to Kyoto tonight but after some hard times with ticket sales and not being able to find a place to stay, we decided to stay another night here in Tokyo, see the night life, and wake up early and get to the fish market. Randy is sleeping now, and I will be joining him soon. We would like to get some sleep before we go "out on the town" tonight. Tomorrow we will head to Kyoto and I will try to get to a computer to update this further.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd May 2007

Thanks for the Updates
Dylan, Thanks for sending us the link to your blog. We love reading it, and we can't wait to see how your journey unfolds. Have fun, be careful, and try and stay out of trouble. Keep updating your blog! Peace out.

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb