Onto Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
May 25th 2007
Published: May 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kyoto2Kyoto2Kyoto2

Crazy little village high above Kyoto
Ok, so we're here at the Kyoto Toursit Info. Center in Kyoto Station, Kyoto. This is our second day here and we are planning to see a couple more things before we hop on a Shinkansen (bullet) train, to Hiroshima. It's raining pretty hard today, and I think it is a good warm-up to the weather that waits for us once we get to India just in time for the Monsoon.
After two good days of exploring all of Tokyo we could, we moved on to Kyoto. We arrived at about five in the afternoon, and after a long, hard, walk/subway/hike, to our hostel, we pastout untill about four in the morning the next day. We started our day with breakfast at a little corner kitchen type thing, where we enjoyed an egg, lettus, cucumber,mayo, sandwhich. Very interesting, to say the least, but quite good. We then went on to see Ryoanji (Rock) Temple, then to the Kinkakuji Temple, then we walked around and got lost in the city (our favorite thing to do!). We always find the best stuff when we don't know where we are going... but I am out of time, got to go.
Ok, now that I paid a couple hundred more Yen, I can get going again... We took a nice walk along the ridge of a moutain on the North side of the city. It was very peaceful. After we had gone a ways, we found a little path up a steep hill, it look very dangerous, so naturally we knew it would be a great place to go. So after a good hike we got to the top and found ourselves in what looked like a Kyoto/Japanese type of camping ground. It was very strange. And the strangest thing, was we found what looked like an abandoned, tourist/religious site, with lots of shrines, prayer flags, bridges... all looked like they hadn't been used in a while. It was very cool.
We then went back to the city, got lost some more, found ourselves again, then headed off to bigger and better things. We got some dinner at a very nice, local curry resturant. After pointing at some pictures we got just what we wanted. Headed back to the hostel, and feel asleep for a good 11 hours. Our feet were killing us, or heads hurt, and we desperatly needed the sleep.
Now we are about to get on a train for Hiroshima, and that is hopefully the next place I will update this. Please subscribe to it... got to go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Kyoto6Kyoto6
Kyoto6

This picture was very hard to capture, the train in the backround is a Shinkasen, better know as a 'Bullet' train!
Kyoto8Kyoto8
Kyoto8

Who knew 15 rocks could attracked thousands of people


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb