yuki matsuri baby!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Saga
November 27th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

a few blogs ago, i mentioned that i really wanted to see the ice and snow festival in hokkaido... well i've now booked it and i'm going! not until february though, but i'm so excited! unfortunately, because it's so expensive, noone else can afford to go (as they're struggling enough to pay for this week's food!) but i'm quite happy to go off exploring on my own! the teacher who sits next to me in the staff room was SOOOO helpful and spent nearly 2 hours of his time helping me to book the flights and research hotels... so this morning i took him in a small box of chocolates just to say thanks and all the teachers looked over and one even made kissing noises, so i've obviously given everyone the wrong impression there - oh dear!

it made me laugh on the way to school this morning when i could hear 2 girls behind me on their bikes, obviously discussing whether to say 'good morning' to me or not when they cycled past... they eventually agreed to say it together, counted to 3 and whispered 'good morning'... so cute!

i haven't had any classes for the last 3 days as the students have had exams... this has been great as i've been buying christmas presents online and planning my travels! my throat is very croaky from all the talking, singing and shouting over the weekend so it's probably for the best that i'm not in class! they asked me to make a listening tape yesterday for one of their exams and they kept saying 'what's wrong with your voice!?' they didn't accept it when i said i thought i just had a cold, so i cracked and told them all about my weekend and showed them the photos of us singing and dancing... i think they want to go with me next time i'm out partying!

hip hop was so much fun on monday but dan was cringe-shockingly awful as always! i'm going to dance again tonight (this is my sudden desperate attempt to lose some weight before xmas so i can scoff away to my heart's content when i'm surrounded by lots of yummy food!) tomorrow, laura and i are going to meet mindy for dinner so we can gossip about the previous weekend... haha, i love girls! and then this weekend, we should be having a bbq in the park so we can plan saga's charity christmas party!

ahhh sweet! just been told by my company that i have to leave at 1pm today so i can fill in some forms at the immigration office!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



29th November 2007

Hi While your lounging around doing nothing some of us are working our sumo buts off. We had to decorate the school tonight and tomorrow it is the xmas fayre another late one. you are so lucky. Vicky is getting big now she had another scan everything is fine. When you saw the sumo didn't you want to give the botty a good slap? Enjoy the weekend love hel

Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 9; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb