Kyoto 30/9


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
October 1st 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Although today was predicted as another rainy day , we decided to brave it and set off for Nijo castle anyway.

The castle was really interesting. It had specially designed squeaking floorboards to detect intruders (this was Daves favourite part of the castle).

The inside of the castle was beautiful it had golden painting on the walls and ceilings, and dummies acting out the people and the parts they played in the castle.

In the castle was another building where you could see archialogical finds from the the castle and the era they were from which was quite cool.

After this we went to the manga museum. This was just like a giant library, and it had an English section so we had a read. I read Neon Evangellion which was really interesting (was just like a comic book really) and Dave read Cowboy Bebop. The best part was the art room which had cartoons by both Korean and Japanese artists that had won competitions.

When we got back to the hostel we had a lazy day watching DVDs and playing poker (holland vs England). While we were playing we were delighted to find it was free sake again-hoping this keeps up!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb