Kyoto 29th


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
October 1st 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

barbarbar

dave, anthony, james, evan, stefan
Waking up to bad weather we looked at recommendations for rainy days and headed out to Shijo (Kyoto's largest shopping area). We spent most of the day at Shinkyogoku shopping mall. This had loads of cool Japanese shops and a Japanese HMV. It also contains Nishiki food market. This is a really long narrow street selling all kinds of Japanese food. We tried tofu donuts, these tasted just like normal donuts, just with less sugar. Its the same with all the desserts, they are less sweet than the main meals.

When we got back we relaxed watching DVDs and were glad to hear it was a full house again, which meant free sake.

Made some more friends and headed out to the bars. The first one was a bit posh and they gave us "free" cheese dumplings with our beers. However when it came to paying it turned out they were not free but we didn't mind because they were tasty and apparently this is quite normal in Japan.

After this we went looking for another bar and ended up getting led to a place by a friendly Japanese couple. This bar was really cool but we were unaware of a service charge and were once again a little surprised when we got the bill. However it still turned out to be another good night so no harm done.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb