Kirstys birthday - 28/9


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
September 28th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: monkey 28 secs
Saved the best stuff for my birthday, and as it turned out to be OK weather we caught a train for a day out to
Arashiyama.

My favourite part of the day was the first part, Iwatayama monkey park. This was amazing, after a 20 minute walk up a beautiful mountain we reached the top (the monkey observatory). I was a little scared at first after warnings that the monkeys might attack. However after I had settled I found it really cool just how close up you could get to them (they were so cute). We managed to hit the best time and saw thwm feeding, which although hectic was fun to watch, and we even got to feed them ourselves.

After heading back down the mountain and having a picnic down by the riverside, we walked through the path of bamboo, which seemed quite surreal.

After taking the romantic (sight seeing) train ride to Umanori, we got the next train back to Kyoto train train station and headed up to Kyoto towers observatory.

It was quite a sight as binoculars surrounded the whole space and you could view the whole of Kyoto (although now I know I might be being watched which is a little creepy).

When we got back we treated ourselves to some of the tasty cake from the train station and coffee, and I took advantage of the opportunity of trying on a kamono free of charge from the hostel.

Being a full house tonight, the hostel offered free warm sake which was really cool, and we ended up making some friends and headed out to the bars.

Overall an excellant birthday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

kyoto tower viewkyoto tower view
kyoto tower view

with bullet train
cakescakes
cakes

tasty
pubpub
pub

James, Rowan, Dave


29th September 2008

Clothes
Amazed at amount of clothes you seem to have with you in backpack, did you put some in Dave's bag!!!! You seem to be moving at a fair pace, hope budget intact!!
29th September 2008

It's all looking pretty amazing over in Kyoto, i'm thinking of selling a kidney so i can go on a quality back packing holiday thing also. It's almost certainly a good idea, i can't think of any negatives anyway... The train and the guy with the phallic nose are just genius; the monkeys are too cute! Happy Birthday alsooooo.
29th September 2008

Looks like you're having a fab time :) Belated Happy Birthday Kirst - only just managed to get on internet... Take care xxxx

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb