Day 02: Malang City Highlights - The Library & more (Apr 2018)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Malang
April 22nd 2018
Published: June 3rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 22nd April 2018

We woke up to an excellent buffet breakfast spread at the hotel this morning. What was really unforgettable were the local selections corner that was interesting, colourful and well-presented. Coupled with great coffee and hospitable service from the crew members, this was an unforgettable breakfast experience for us.

After our excellent meal, we hailed a grab service to bring us right to the door step of the Bratiwaya Military Museum along the leafy Ijen Boulevard. There were some street vendors lining outside the museum on a Sunday morning which I happily parted some rupiahs for a Coke souvenir.

The museum is divided into two galleries with military artefacts dating back from WWII. There was even a large section devoted to the ruling Japanese during the war.

From the museum, we made our way to the Mall Olympic Garden. This was easily the biggest mall in the city anchored by Giant Xtra and other brand names. We lingered for a while before heading to our lunch venue at The Library. We ordered a pasta, some fries and wings which tasted okay. What was more impresssive were its leafy grounds and beautiful courtyard which provided great photo taking opportunities.

For the rest of the day, we headed back to our hotel to swim and rest in order to prepare ourselves for the Bromo Sunrise Tour happening later in the evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb