Day 03: Bromo Sunrise Tour (April 2018)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Bromo Tengger Semeru
April 23rd 2018
Published: June 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 23rd April 2018

We signed up for the Bromo Sunrise Tour with Helios Transport in Malang and we must say that it was really comprehensive and well organised.

The 12-hour tour began at midnight on Monday morning when the 4WD drove us to King Kong Hill for a glimpse of sunrise over Mount Bromo National Park. There were 3 of us in this tour including a tourist from Germany.

The weather was chilly and when we arrived at around 3am and we spent some moments sleeping in the jeep while waiting for the day to break. There was coffee and clean toilets at one of the many huts leading to the viewing point.

Given the cloudy weather, we did not have much luck with the sunrise even though the drive-through of the savanaah was probably one of the major highlights of this tour. There was also an opportunity to climb up the crater where beautiful views of the surroundings could be had.

For breakfast, we had our bakso noodles at one of the local food stands before proceeding to the Pelangi Waterfall for our final stop of the tour.

Arriving at the hotel after 12pm, we made a hasty exit as we embark on another journey to our hotel at Surabaya. JW Marriott Surabaya was a fine property to stay at. Our room had a nice view of the city and arriving at around 3pm, we opted for some light meal service in our room as it was still too early for dinner.

We had dinner at Tua Baru, which was a really short drive from our hotel. After dinner, we headed back to rest as we were probably tired out from the long day that we had spent on the road.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb