No it is not diving gear they are just my clothes


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
October 13th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Michelle on Ubud marketMichelle on Ubud marketMichelle on Ubud market

Bargaining for a scarf
So Ubud (pronounced Oobud) came and went. We saw the Monkey Forest, and had a fabulous meal at the Nomad. Next we went to Candidasa and the posh Puri Bagus hotel where we stayed for 1 week. When we arrived the luggage man put our bags on the trolley, "What have you got in here, your diving equipment?" "No, that is my clothes!" said Michelle (also see later). We had real luxury for 33 pounds a night, however, buyiing anything there like a meal or a drink cost twice as much as everywhere else, so we did a 10 mins stroll into town each evening.

We again tried to book into Sanur but again everywhere was full. We looked for hotels anywhere in Bali and found 2 in Kuta, so we came here on Saturday (11th). On the way to Kuta we went white water rafting. "Will we get wet?" Michelle asked. When we saw the first 20 metres of the run, we had our answer as it was an 8 ft waterfall. It was good though and we had 45 mins of fun, also it was nice to cool off.

Of course we have been to Kuta before
Warung Merta NadiWarung Merta NadiWarung Merta Nadi

The cheapest and best restaurant in Candidasa
and Michelle has settled in to a week of sunbathing.

Last time we were here we met a nice lad who rented out sun loungers on the beach. His name is Bodie and walks with a limp and has some pain as he broke his leg 10 years ago and it was not straight when it set. Today he goes into hospital to have an operation to repair the damage where he will stay for 10 days. This has all been paid for by a lovely Dutch couple who are here on holiday and wanted to help him.

Yesterday (Sunday 12th October) was the 6th anniversay of when the bombers killed so many young people in Bali. We went to the memorial service at the appopriate time. The square was full, of probably 2000 people and we were asked to sit down. Candles and roses were given out and we sat with the lighted candles and thought of all those young people who needlessly died.

Today Michelle decided she needed a day out of the sun and also she needed new clothes and shoes, so we went shopping!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The best barman in BaliThe best barman in Bali
The best barman in Bali

Yoyo from the Shangrila, Candidasa


17th October 2008

Envy!
Oooh! I really envy you being back in Bali. It all sounds great! Was the hotel in Ubud the sister of Adi Dharma? The memorial service sounded very poignant. I would have been a wreck!! I'm hopeless with things like that. Where to next?? We keep thinking about you and wondering what you are doing. Take care Love Di and Mick xx

Tot: 0.331s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb