"Toilet paper not included"


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
October 2nd 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Michelle has had a bad tummy for a couple of days and when it came to a 2 1/2 hours journey on the fastcat to Bali she was worried. Terry walked to the harbour and confirmed that the boat had a toilet so we were able to set off.

First the boat has to travel with its passengers to Lombok to receive clearance to leave which an official managed to do in nearly 10 mins! 2 1/2 boring hours later we arrived in Bali and had a taxi to Sanur where we hoped to stay a week. However, on the boat, we started to hear talk of hotels being full. The end of Ramadan is a holiday in the rest of Indonesia and the wealthy come to Bali. After trying several hotels and almost being laughed at we decided to come to Ubud, which is inland. We soon had the same pattern, but our taxi driver persisted and found us a reasonable place for 9 pounds a night including breakfast.

We have a large tiled balcony overlooking the rice fields and coconut palms. The building is a bit dated but has a great shower with loads of hot water. "Breakfast will be served on the balcony" said the smart boy. Michelle pointed out that there was no toilet paper - could we have some? "Sorry, toilet paper not included".

Advertisement



5th October 2008

Toilet Paper
Where is all that surplus campers toilet paper when you need it?

Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb