Agra


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
June 1st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We made it to the city of love! The taj Mahal is AMAZING...and HUGE..and fabulous and white!!! It is a relief to be out of Delhi and not hassle with the walas/touts. Guatemala has clearly prepped me for this trip...lots of bargaining and firm NOs.

Rich has the MOST AMAZING pajama and kurta (traditional men's wear...the shirt is at the laundry (and by that i mean sink/soap at our hotel room) but the pants he wore in today's TAJ MAHAL pictures.

I am turning into quite the collector of salwar kameezes (please see photos for HOT PINK addition). OH you won't believe the MONKEYS i wish we could get a picture but they jump out in front and then dart off VERY QUICKLY at first I thought it was a crazied dog but then BAM monkey face, tail, gone. Gigi would have barked. as usual.

I think we are off to Jaipur next. yeah i know what kind of travelers go to the desert in the HEAT of summer...the same ones who go to India during a Monsoon, duh.

Oh yeah, yesterday we had a rickshaw driver (cycle not bumper cart style) bikes us ALL AROUND AGRA
View of TajView of TajView of Taj

Another rooftop scene
it was pretty fun....for 150 rs (~3.60 bucks) he asked 20rs (50 cents) for about 5 hours worth of work if that gives you an idea of GDP.

We've eaten so much curry we might explode. today i drank the milk (in my coffee) so we'll see what happens....we're also downing water like triathletes (it was like 106+ yesterday and we're in pants).

big time besos
onward!
arcw




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Rich at South Gate, Taj MahalRich at South Gate, Taj Mahal
Rich at South Gate, Taj Mahal

Before the shops were opened, but mind the poop
Bad bears wear the happy hat...Bad bears wear the happy hat...
Bad bears wear the happy hat...

And tie down the earflaps and puff out the tassels
Taj MahalTaj Mahal
Taj Mahal

The small dot in the Left Corner is me!
Chipmunks!Chipmunks!
Chipmunks!

For Bo and Gigi
Alex at TajAlex at Taj
Alex at Taj

The love of my life!


1st June 2009

pink outfit
well it's a good thing you're not trying to stand out :)
1st June 2009

dress
I want that outfit. are there fat Indian women?
2nd June 2009

Wow you made it!
I didn't think you would actually make it out of KY! The pictures are amazing and we are so glad you are enjoying your trip. Take care of yourselves!

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb