Big Day!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Khardung La
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

18th June 2010
Finally a day that we were all waiting for!!! All the plans, resist & the fighting that we had for 3 years on when we will be going to leh has finally come, I’m really satisfied writing after my 1st day. It’s really an amazing feeling considering the fact that we have people from different profession and getting them all together was always tough! Having said that we are here and I would love to brief about how the roads are and what you can expect…..
As per the plan we all assembled at the beginning of the NICE road in Magdi Road, We got our Leh uniform (what an amazing feeling that we have a T-shirt of our trip that we were planning for so long. After few pic’s we started our journey, after traveling for some distance we realized that we were missing something, then to realize that we did not have our breakfast. Roads were a little rough on us till we reached the first toll, after that it was a pretty good road till Chitradurga but from here the roads got really difficult for about 75 -80 Kms. From Haveri - Pune (our first halt), roads are really good and all the credit should go to Mr. Vajpayee& also to NHAI ( guys you deserve a applause).

Now that I spoken so much about Monsoon, I think I have to tell you guys that the weather was awesome, it was like driving on a road that is one of the best in the country and icing on the cake is weather. As most of my friends know that I’m really short of words all the time, let me tell you that this time in reality I need to agree that there are not many words to explain our experience on the first day. YOU JUST NEED TO EXPERIENCE IT.

Now Leh hogoNa ratings
DAY 1 (Bangalore - Pune) 850
Road - 3.75 out of 5 (it was a 4 or 4.5 road only because of the rough patch in Chitradurga rating has come down)
Weather - 4 out of 5
Lesson learnt - Never enter city (our lunch in Hubli took us 2.5 hours and was also caught by cop for overspeeding)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb