Day 2-4


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Leh
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

19th June 2010
We started our journey as per plan, we then reached the Pune - Mumbai Express highway.. really a well planned highway considering the mountain path. Roads were pretty good from Mumbai to Baroda (it was a normal NH), We took another express highway from Baroda to Ahmadabad. We then had our dinner in Ahmadabad to move to hemathnagar to stay overnight.
DAY2 Pune - Himathnagare (850 KM)
Road - 3.75 out of 5 (Mumbai to Suraj highway is just a normal NH)
Weather - 3 out of 5 (Very humid once we enter Gujrat)
Lesson learnt - Never enter city (This time it was our Mumbai city)

20th 21st June 2010
DAY 3 ( Himathnagar - Chandigarh) Day/Night 1150 KM
We started our journey very late, our initial plan was to travel till Rothak, We hit the road after an average breakfast. It was supposed to be a relaxing day; We were traveling as if we have a lot of time in our hand. From the time we entered Gujarat, all of us were sweating; our lunch was good in Rajashthan as it was prepared with freshly with fresh Vegetables. Our ride was going smoothly and constantly picking up the pace then came a big break, a lorry guy hit one of the car and we had to fight for 2 hours to come to a settlement. We met Ajay’s friend in Jaipur and had a preety good Dinner at a Dhaba. We then decided that we will try and reach Chandigarh as we did not do a lot of journey that day and we had to cover for all the lapses and the break that we took. Road from Jaipur to Rothak was below average, after praising somuch about the road now comes the time to tell some bad things about Road. Road from Jaipur to Rivere was bad, Roads were bad till the time we entered Gurgon, Gurgon to delhi was a good ride. Delhi is really well managed City (no Jam, lots of Flyover). We entered Haryana after having our breakfast on highway dabha.
Haryana - We receive a lot of caution about Haryana, I guess they all were correct. I rarely saw somebody driving more than 90 km/hr. traveling at a pace of 90/hr is very difficult when you are on a highway. We were really counting every kilometer when traveling In Haryana till the time we reached Chandigarh.
Road - 2.5 out of 5 (Jaipur - Delhi Bumpy ride. Our initial plan to go directly to Chandigarh did not materials due to bad road. We had to enter delhi because of bad road. Speed limit in Haryana can make you sleep)
Weather - 1.5 out of 5 Really hot and Humid
Lesson learnt - be sure about the Roads!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb