Driving to Dharamsala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Dharamsala
September 18th 2018
Published: September 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

A long day’s drive with chai stop to a place I have always wanted to visit because of the Dalai Lama. The actual town is juse an ordinary town and you drive on to McCleod Ganj which although only 15km takes over an hour. We were unlucky with our hotel which was so damp nothing dried including the floor and one morning my hair was damp! But great German Bakery nearby for brekkie. The highlight of this trip was to see the temple complex and the Dalai Lama’s house. He was not there and the temple was small with a line of wonderful prayer wheels. However the Tibet Museum reduced us to tears telling the horrific story of the Chinese invasion with photographic exhibits. Very subdued after that especially when the realisation that it is still going on hits you.

Shopping afterwards as a very touristy area as an antidote. The yoga and meditation that some of us had planned to go to was difficult to find and the times had changed so found a sound healer and he was happy to do group session then and there. Very powerful! Tibetan meal to finish the visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Handpainting traditional thangkasHandpainting traditional thangkas
Handpainting traditional thangkas

This takes up to 6 years!


Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb