Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
November 1st 2011
Published: November 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well as we never made it on our waitlisted train and the next one wasn't until the following night we got the night bus down to Goa. The journey was supposed to take 14 hours. However we left at 7pm and arrive about 12/1 the next day.

The most shocking thing in Goa is the amount of litter. Everywhere. Mumbai is so clean and tidy and this place just has shit all over the gaff. (and lots of cows and the shit that comes with them!)

We found ourselves a beach hut after about 15 mins of looking at a really good price. The good price turns out that the wall are stapled together. Not even exaggerating. Also we have about 2 hours of water a day, nice and smelly, and two hours of eleccy! Joy!! But we're on the beach so who cares!

Our first day consisted of me and Heather taking a walk to the chemist . A slow one at that as her feet looked like they belonged to the Elephant mans! So they sent us to the hospital. Only in India a few days and already we're at the bleeding hospital. Turns out it was from the pressure from the long journey and elevation and socks should reduce the swelling! However she is fine now!

So apart from that we have chilled, sunbathed got burnt and ate amazing food!!! We went over to Patnem which is sooooo much nicer than this beach. Which in all fairness isn't even that nice. It's quiet commercial and they are currently constructing all the beach huts which makes it noisy.

Today we got up at 6.30am to go to spot some Dolphins. Was incredible. There were a good 8 dolphins and a little tiny baby one in the group. We also saw some other remote beaches. This afternoon we done a back water boat ride which was so cheap and relaxing. Defo worth the quid we paid for it!

Tomorrow we are going to another beach, haven't decided which one to be nearer the train station for next week and see something else. I must say I am looking forward to a toilet that flushes all day too!

Luckily none of use have really suffered from the change in food. We are eating like Kings and trying nearly everything. The 'Burnt Crew' as Jodie has named us are suffering from over sun exposure. But hey what ya gonna do!!!!

xxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb