Hong Kong Disneyland!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Lantau Island
March 2nd 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 45, Disneyland, Hong Kong, China

The gigantic new Hong Kong International Airport is on Lantau Island, just west of Hong Kong Island. We had several hours before our evening flight to Singapore and considered shopping in the HUNDREDS of stores in the terminal, but the Island is also home to Hong Kong Disneyland, so with a unanimous vote we headed there. After two quick train rides, we entered the Asian home of Mickey and Minnie and were pleased to see all the familiar surroundings, but surprised that it wasn’t crowded with people. We easily made our way to Matt’s favorite ride and helped defeat the evil Emperor Zurg, and since there wasn’t a line when we exited, we went right back in and rode Buzz Lightyear again!!! The park is much, much smaller than ours in the US, but the Space Mountain rollercoaster ride is the best anywhere! After eating mouse-ear ice creams, we visited Adventure Land and even played all the jungle drums since there were no natives in sight. We made a quick tour of Fantasyland and rode the Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups (Aunt Gail’s favorite) before we left the park to hurry back to the airport. We really didn’t want to miss our flight to Singapore because we needed to meet the ship there AND because we were flying on a 747 for the first time!! During the flight, Drew and Matt developed a plan to see the upper deck, and it worked! They waited until most everyone was off the plane and then ask the attendant if they could go upstairs and see the cockpit. Not only did they see it, but they met the Captain and Copilot and even got to sit in their chairs!! For two hope-to-be-pilots, this was an awesome experience!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb