Singapore, Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
March 3rd 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 46 - Singapore

Our flight from Hong Kong to Singapore was delayed, so by the time we went through customs, changed some money, waited in line for a taxi and drove to our hotel, it was about 2:00 a.m. The boys were still in awe of being in the cockpit of the 747 so they were thinking about that during the 35 minute ride from the airport, when our very friendly taxi driver provided a wealth of information about life in Singapore and its economy. He was particularly proud of the government program that helps every family purchase an apartment in one of the many neighborhood complexes that contain shops and schools. After just a little sleep and breakfast, we checked out of our hotel, stored our luggage, and boarded a sightseeing bus for a tour of the city. The temperature here was in the low 80’s but the humidity must have been in the 90’s! It was HOT! On our Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour we saw the famous Raffles Hotel renowned for the Singapore Sling, beautiful temples, the botanical garden, and the markets, but nothing to rival Hong Kong! (Guess we’re just a little partial!) After a little shopping at a Barnes and Noble bookstore to get maps/guidebooks for a couple of our future ports of call, we collected our luggage and joined the long line of fellow passengers waiting for a shuttle back to the ship.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb