bikes are approved!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We're getting out of Shanghai for one last time this weekend. Alex and I are going to Suzhou. It's our third time going there, but at least we know it' s good. The last times we stayed in a hotel for about $20/night. This time we're upgrading. We made reservations at the Shangri-La hotel. It has a pool, beds with mattresses, A/C ... the works. We're going to pretend we're not in China for one weekend. Our apartment has a bird problem now. The birds are living in our pipes that go outside. How annoying!

We went to the airport last night and brought one of our folding bikes. We just wanted to make sure that it was okay we take them on the planes. What an ordeal that turned out to be! We hade to talk to about 10 different people. Each person only knew enough information to answer one question - That's China.
1- Can they go on the plane?
2- Can the batteries be locked with the bike or do they need to be in our luggage?
3- Will it cost extra?
It really confused them that we aren't flying out until the 22nd. I don't think they're used to having people plan ahead. But what a relief knowing that we won't have any problems getting them home.

It's going to be interesting talking to people in the states and not have to explain everything I say. It's like playing charades or 20 questions everyday talking with locals. It's actually been fun.

Advertisement



3rd June 2009

come home!
we are so ready for you 2 to come home!

Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb