Shanghai Tour


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 29th 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today I took a tour of Shanghai, we had a bus which took us around to see most of the sights including 'Longhua Temple' Which is a Budist temple with some very good carvings of budda's, French Concession which is a trading area originally set up by the french when the chinese gave a concession to allow france to trade in that area, it is now made up of small shops with an old french colonial type style...we saw the Bund which is the Old financial area where the original banks set up in the early 20th centary.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Me At The BundMe At The Bund
Me At The Bund

This is at the side of the river where the Old financial center was...I am facing the original old banks of Shanghai.
The BundThe Bund
The Bund

These are some of the Old banks from Shanghai, just across the water from the new financial district.
Old ShanghaiOld Shanghai
Old Shanghai

This is an Area of Shanghai which has many old style buildings and seems to be solely for tourists...diffrent from Xian and Beijing as they have areas that are old and still are used by the poor original residents.
BuddaBudda
Budda

These are some Large budda statues in a temple that I visited.
Peoples SquarePeoples Square
Peoples Square

This is around the area of Peoples Square which is a square near the middle of Shanghai...


4th December 2008

Beautiful!
Another set of lovely photos to delight beholders. I particularly loved the one of Old Shanghai. Great shot. Water so clear. All so very oriental. Obviously! x
4th December 2008

Photos of Me
when I want to take pictures of myself It just depends who is around sometimes someone from a tour im on, sometimes a tourguide, sometimes a local stranger...I usualy pick someone who has a better camera than me to try and prevent theft.
5th December 2008

Arm extenders
Sam - you need an arm extender (£19.99) - I took one to Istanbul, and although it created quite a stir and a bit of embarressment - it was great for taking self portraits! Wish I could send you one...
6th December 2008

Can't be too careful
It must be quite galling to hand your camera to an obliging stranger who then promptly runs off with it, never to be seen again! (Clearly, you are more than averagely streetwise!).

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb