quick update


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Zhangjiagang
December 6th 2007
Published: December 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so yesterday and today have been kind of crazy...
we were originally going to visit tiffany and michelle in Xuzhou a few weeks ago but for whateevr reason it didn't work out..then we planned on going this weekend, but last week they found out that they had some kind of competition that they had to judge..so they wouldn't really be able to hangout with us if we came. so we planned on going next weekend, until tiffany and michelle found out yesterday that the competition has been postponed until next week..
so kinda last minute, we decided to go this weekend. who would have thought that buying train tickets would be soo complicated, lol..all last night with fun shi ja i ws trying to figure out what to do, and then last me and candice discussed it forever, lol..and finally just about an hour ago it's all worked out. the main issue is that we don't have a train station in Zhangjiagang, soo we have to take a bus first to a city that has a train station. However, since we don't have a train station its kinda complicated for us to buy tickets in advance..which we needed to do because first of the trains fill up..and second, we wanted to make sure that we got on a train that would actually make some sort of sense time wise..lol.

fun shi ja told us that she could buy them for us at some kind of ticket place near her house..but that she didn't know if they could give the tickets to her the same day, which would be a problem. so me and candice spent forever trying to write an email to fun shi ja explaining which trains would be good in the simplest english possible..lol, it was really hilarious but i'm sure you had to be there, haha. then however, after we sent the email we realized that we could take a bus to Changzhou, where alicia lives and take the train to Xuzhou with her..if she could buy us tix.

so, yea it all worked out and we're going to take a bus tomorrow to Changzhou around 5:30 ..and then hang out with Alicia and see where she lives and stuff, until our train at 11:38pm. We got soft beds, and we're gonna arrive in Xuzhou at 5:30 am!! lol...cause that was really our only option. oh..and i just went and got the bus tickets, and i said it all in chinese..and figured out how to take the bus back..i'm so proud! lol

on the other hand my 4th grade classes were insane today! one class just wouldn't listen so i told them to take out their english books and we would just read...they all lied and told me that their book was at home or in the bathroom or lost..when they actually all had them in their desks! luckily i realized and they weren't able to just trick me..lol. even then they were awful though, so i just erased the board and packed up my stuff and stood there and read something for the last few minutes of class. finally, then they shut up..but there were really only 2 min left, haha. so..i told one of the english teachers to tell their head teacher and hopefully they'll be a bit better next time.

one las thing..they changed our tutoring schedule again! soo annoying, but there's nothing i can do about it so whatever... I now have 3 new kids, 2 sister and their brother whose in one of my 1st grade classes. I went to their house on tuesday and he was craazzyyy, lol. probably just because i'm his teacher and i was in his house, but it was a little much..haha. but yea, i don't have alice or jane anymore which is kind of annoying cause their english is so good that tutoring them is easy. where as with these other kids it's hard work just to have a conversation with them, lol. its ok though, i still have tom, and he's hilarious...

ok, gotta go..just wanted to fill all of you in..
can't wait to tell you all about my first experience on a sleeper train in china!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb