a day in xuzhou, lol!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Xuzhou
December 11th 2007
Published: December 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the train!the train!the train!

my bed, on the bottom..oh and i forgot to mention..no one ever took the beds above us so we had the whole room to ourselves..
hey..lots of fun this weekend!

started out with our bus ride around 5:30 to Changzhou. we've figured out how to read the bus tickets by now which is nice so we know we know exactly what to do, and where to go..and there were only about 5 people on the bus besides us which was funny..and there was a funny chinese movie with english subtitles playing which was very exciting..except that they started playing the movie from the middle, lol.

we got to Changzhou and met Alesia and some of her other American friends around 7pm..and then we tagged along with their dinner plans, lol. One of the students from their university took us all to a Korean restaurant which was really good. oh, and they had latkes! lol, well, basically..lol, it was like potatoes and maybe some other vegetables fried into a little pancake. After dinner we wnet back to one of Alesia's friends apartments for a bit and then joined them for a little while at a poker game for foreigners, at a pizza place down the street. At first I couldn't believe how many forigners there were and how many people were speaking english in the same room, lol..it was pretty funny. from there we went to train station.

Me and Candice had "soft sleepers" which were soo nice! I really was impressed, lol. With the soft sleepers the beds are a little bigger, and have nice sheets, a pillow, and a blanket..and there are 2 bunkbeds in the room, so 4 beds total..oh, and there's a door to the room which you can close. The "hard sleepers" have 2 bunkbeds with 3 or 4 beds in each, so 6 or 8 beds total...and the sheets and stuff aren't as nice, and there's no door. So, i'm not really sure why they're called hard/soft cause there's really no difference in how soft or hard the bed is..they're both like a rock, haha.

The train left around 12am and made a few stops along the way before we got to Xuzhou at 5am. I tried to sleep, but it was easy to stay up til 3am..and then we only had a couple hours left so i couldn't really fall asleep..but we took a cab to Tiffany & Michele's apt. and then slept from about 6-8am.. We had to get an early start to the day because we had to leave Sunday morning to be back in Changzhou in time to catch a bus back to Zhangjiagang (for some starnge reason that last bus is at 6pm!).

So, Michele and Tiff showed us all around their city..or at least what we had time for, we did see a lot though.I think its easier just to write everything with the pics..so i'm gonna do that...


Additional photos below
Photos: 79, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

breakfastbreakfast
breakfast

we got these really good breakfastwrap things that these ladies make outside. it was like a tortilla with vegetables, sauce, and a chinese doughnut, lol..kind of random but really good!
me & micheleme & michele
me & michele

not sure why i'm making that face
and laughingand laughing
and laughing

about that guy's hair, lol
cute baby bundled up and eatingcute baby bundled up and eating
cute baby bundled up and eating

oh, yea..it was sooo cold there!
funny construction workersfunny construction workers
funny construction workers

they were looking down at us and waving, lol


Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.05s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb