#37 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China (The U.S. Postal M-Bag)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou
June 27th 2006
Published: June 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Lotus blossomLotus blossomLotus blossom

Throughout Chinese history, this beautiful and functional water-flower and water-plant has been enjoyed and valued for its many uses.
A number of you have written about the prohibitive cost of sending books and materials via air-mail to China. Please don't send anything by air-mail package. In the US, it is possible to request an "M"-bag at the local post office. It is literally a plastic sack, in which you may place a bound package of books. The rate is about 1/5 of regular mail and would arrive in about 8 weeks. No doubt, any donations to educational institutions are also tax deductable. Expense you incur for the shipment, I will gladly re-emburse, but please send suitable books in reasonably good condition.

Also appreciated would be various posters of any of the States, as well as US and world maps. Picture and photo calendars of cars, native animals, native landscapes, native flowers, etc. will help brighten our English Office and our English classes. Please let me know if I can do anything to make this more possible, and permit me to give you my address again, just in case you can help make it happen.

Mr. Hans Schneider
c/o Arthur Lee
Taizhou College
#100 Chunhui Rd.
Taizhou, Jiangsu Province
P. R. China 225300

You are welcome to write
Lotus buttsLotus buttsLotus butts

Three Lotus butts are ready to open and grace its leaves.
a personal message to my email at: s_hans@bellsouth.net
Thank you Maria Sabando for what you are trying to do and perhaps once school starts, you and Veronika Carrasco, from my former 2nd Period, can join forces. Veronika also expressed a great willingness to gather some materials. Thank you, Veronika.
You can't imagine how much all this will be appreciated by the students and teachers here, who learn and teach English with only the basics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

water lilieswater lilies
water lilies

... make the pond a place of beauty.
Add another to the 1.4 billionAdd another to the 1.4 billion
Add another to the 1.4 billion

It is one and only one, so imagine the attention this "little emperor" will receive among his family.
very humanevery humane
very humane

The local pet-shop is located among the flower and plant shops. My "surprise inspection" found clean and well maintained cages, each with fresh water and a proud owner to welcome me.
mushroommushroom
mushroom

The owner told us that this mountain-mushroom is rare and medically useful. At first I thought it was plastic, but it was indeed very real.
rice fieldsrice fields
rice fields

Rice fields are common outside the city of Taizhou.
dirty eggs againdirty eggs again
dirty eggs again

I still don't understand the reason, but a close-up shows, that each egg is indeed covered with a layer of dirt.
watching TVwatching TV
watching TV

Benches and chairs are provided for potential customers of a TV. It provides an opportunity for the many Chinese, who are unable to purchase a set, to see what they are missing.
vegetarianvegetarian
vegetarian

Preparing the Schneider salad!
college faircollege fair
college fair

This is the auditorium and arena for Taizhou College. It was also the site for a week-end college fair, well attendet by parents and students, hoping for a successful connection.
looking for German teacherslooking for German teachers
looking for German teachers

Walking past this booth, I noticed the German colors on the upper right hand side of the green poster. And yes, my dear friends in Stuttgart, Germany, they are hoping eagerly for your interest.
updated apartmentupdated apartment
updated apartment

The "crib" has been improved.


27th June 2006

lieber Hans, dein fast täglicher tagebucheintrag begleitet mich nun schon seit wochen und ist mir eine willkommene bereicherung. es ist unglaublich was du an neuen eindrücken vermittelst und ich bewundere sehr mit welcher gelassenheit und welchem humor du dich den neuen herausforderungen stellst.ich bin sicher deine neuen schüler werden dich ganz schnell ebenso schätzen und lieben lernen wie die , die dich in miami jetzt so schmerzlich vermissen. ich wünsche dir weiterhin spannende erfahrungen und freue mich auf weitere neuigkeiten. liebe grüße von karin aus althütte
6th July 2006

Happy
Happy Birthday,do they celebrate in China? Can you get a cake and candles,or are candles short in demand?and the amount you require would cause a national shortage.We are also e-mailing you.Let us know if you are receiving our notes.

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 124; dbt: 0.1441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb