Friday December 14


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou » Xinhua
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is a short day since it's their weekend off...so classes end at 11:30. It's complete mayhem outside after because all their parents are picking them up to take them home (it's a boarding school, so most of the students live on campus).

A homeless woman begged for money right outside the school and hit me with her cup when we walked past her. The night before leaving KFC a homeless man wouldn't let me shut the taxi door. They're crazy here, most homeless people in Canada aren't as aggressive!

This afternoon was one of Ben's students ("Jay") birthday...so he invited us to go to KTV which is a karaoke place. It's pretty neat...private rooms with a big leather couch, karaoke selection thing and tv. We sang a few English songs and the guys sang some Chinese songs too.

The 2 girls ("Funny" and "Sky") from grade 12 met us there and we went for dinner at a "Western" restaurant which wasn't very good and a little bit expensive for not good food. We got to see the shopping area of the city which has a lot of shops!

Funny, Sky and Jay came back to our apartment after and the girls talked and the guys played on the computer, we ended up chatting until 12am!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.5kb