Denfeng to Wudang


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wudang
October 28th 2013
Published: October 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monday October 28th

Travel day today

We're going from the shaolin school in denfeng to wudang. we get up pretty early, and have a typical chinese breakfast here (wes is hurting lol) and are on the bus by 8 am.

we need to catch a plane at 11:50 and the airport is about 1.5 hours away.

Our bus driver was either drunk, or there was some big problems with the bus, cuz we were all over the road, infact we almost ran into a truck.

We arrive at the airport, and get checked in, we're on a 45 minute flight, then we have to take a 3-1/2 hour bus ride...long day. The flight was uneventful, and pretty quick. We get on a much smaller bus and we're all packed in and we're off.
After about 2 or so hours we stop off at a grocery store and load up on snacks. Prices up on the mountain are expensive so it's best to stock up here. The road up the mountain is quite intense, but this bus driver is very good. There are lots of twisty roads and cliffs going straight down. We drive for about 40 mins before getting to our hotel. The hotel is better than i thought, no elevator though we have to walk up 4 to 5 flight of stairs though, but when we get there we have softer beds and western toilets, which is good.

Off to dinner now, which we were warned about but it actually turned out to be very good. We even get beer with dinner! Off to bed now, it's a training day tomorrow for the kids, so we'll have a bit of down time which is good.



Were in the mountains now, and internet is crap, i'll update the missing blogs shortly and add photos when we have better internet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb