MaTang Village


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Kaili
July 30th 2019
Published: July 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

MaTang is a tiny village outside of KaiLi. The people that live there the GeJia are a very small ethnic minority who are not recognised by the Chinese government. The Gejia are known for making batik cloth.

Getting there is fairly easy. Take a bus to LongChang from the local bus station and the driver will stop and point you in the right direction. To return just get back to the main road and wave down any bus going back to Kaili.

When we got off the bus a local GeJia lady accompanied us to the village and took us to her home and showed us how she made the batik material. She had made a beautiful coat, the one I'm wearing in the photo, so I bought it from her.

There isn't much to see in the village just normal village life and we didn't see another tourist.

From MaTang we followed the road out of the village for about 30 minutes to ShiLongZhai. Again another small pretty village which had a restaurant so we stopped and had a vegetarian lunch before carrying on up the main road to catch the bus back to KaiLi.

It was a lovely walk through the countryside and a real treat for to be invited into a locals home.

Enjoy the Photos

JAH BLESS


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb