LangDe Miao Village


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Kaili
July 30th 2019
Published: July 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

these villages are so easy to get to. I often marvel at the efficient public transport system that exists here in China. Today we caught the bus from the Long Distance bus station. The bus drops you off outside the village as you have to buy a ticket, 50 rmb for non Chinese, and then you can either walk, which we chose to do, or pay another 5 rmb and take the sightseeing car. The walk to the village is lovely along a river of crystal clear water in which the local kids were all cooling off from the intense heat.

When we arrived at the village proper we were just too late to see the cultural show which they put on twice daily but at least we got to see all the locals in their costume and silver. Miao people are so beautiful. The village has a few shops selling silver and Miao styled trinkets but its the buildings that steal the show. Such beautiful wooden stilt styled houses.

We went for a walk a bit further up the river but didn't go on for long as the sun in the early afternoon is really a killer. We sat on the bridge and watched the kids swimming and a farmer also brought his water buffalo down to the river to cool off, I wish I could have joined him.

We would have stayed longer to catch the evening cultural show but unfortunatly the last bus for KaiLi leaves at 3.30 pm so there was no time. I'm sure we'll catch another show at the other villages we will be visiting in the next week.

Enjoy the photos

JAH BLESS


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1009s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb