HongFu Temple and Little Monkeys


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Guiyang
July 28th 2019
Published: July 28th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Just a quick stop over in the big city before moving on to do some village hopping around KaiLi.

Must admit we have been having quite a bit of trouble on our travels so far this summer in finding hotels that will accept foreign guests. We have had to resort to CTrip on a couple of occasions already. So finaly found a hotel, Austin Boutique Hotel, near the massive QianLing park, which was a bonus as it was the only place we really wanted to visit. It's a great area to stay with the park, a local market and lots of cheap small restaurants nearby.

So an afternoon in the park walking up QianLing Shan to visit HongFu Temple. Along the way we came across the wild monkeys who live on the mountain there. The steps up to the temple are lovely and wide and easy to negotiate. Once past the temple however the steps narrowed considerably and the amount of monkeys increased. Some of these seemingly cute little animals were very aggresive and even blocked the pathway at a couple of points and wouldn't let us past so we has to get off the path and go through the undergrowth to give them a wide berth. The view from the top over the city was great and we could see for miles.

The temple itself was nothing out of the ordinary and the big hall with the Buddha's statue was under renovation so we could only pop our heads around the door.

Up early this morning to grab some brekkie in the market before taking the train. Even after almost 10 years of living in China I still find the markets fascinating. Loved the bull's head sitting on the back of the electric scooter.

Enjoy the photos

JAH BLESS


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb