Buffalo Province


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
July 28th 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A quick 1.5 hr bus trip south of Guilin took us to the town of Yangshou,yes another town of just 120,000 this time. But we had booked at the Outside Inn in the countryside near the Yulong River and of course inthgis part of the world Karsts. The Inn is run by Mike and Nadine who are from Switzerland and England with their team of about 14 chinese. We stayed 5 nights and have had some of our best sleep yet!, its very quiet in the old farm building rooms. Its been very hot here at 38C today, our day of leaving to Shenzen and on to Hong Kong.On our day of arrival there was a Cyclone which was just passing by,as they do,bringing rain for 24hrs,but sun for the rest of our stay. When your walking and cycling its more comfortable with a bit of cloud cover,without we used our brollies for protection. A days walk on the second day, 5 hours the next and a cycle trip on the third with swimming in the Yulong in early evening and the odd jog too! We also explored a local market and took a ferry across the Lu River to Fuli town about 12km outside Yangshou.
The locals were starting to harvest their rice,it was interesting to see that not much has changed over hundreds of years, the way they cut/dryed etc. The flora and fauna was amazing. Stripey snakes which I was not allowed to take photos of!, many species of very quick butterflies( as it was hot), flowers and the stars I think,the Water Buffalo which are used to farm the land but aren't eaten,I've been reasured. Off tonight to Hong Kong on our last Chinese train from Guilin then onto Indonsia.Thanks for all your messages and comments, keep em coming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Li River near FuliLi River near Fuli
Li River near Fuli

This was taken when we were landing on from our ferry.
View from Dragon Bridge View from Dragon Bridge
View from Dragon Bridge

This was half way point on our day walk up the Yulong River.
Firewood for the winterFirewood for the winter
Firewood for the winter

It can get to 5C in Yangshou in winter,sometimes snow on top the Karsts!
Food for the Water BuffaloFood for the Water Buffalo
Food for the Water Buffalo

We followed her to where she fed them.
Li RiverLi River
Li River

We had a lunch break here at a farmers inn, had the best tasting local food with this view!


30th July 2010

great photos and commentry, we think you liked china and so did we! Quite a bit of exercise for you both. Photos stunning lol c
sorry put the comments in the wrong place! so will repeat. we think you loved china, so did we - your photos and comments were spot on, miss taylor would be proud of you!!!!. Enjoy the next stage which will be more of a rest we think. lol m/c xx

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb