The aftermath of the night before....


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
February 20th 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

I wake up feeling pretty groggy (to put it mildly!!) I even break out in sweats and panic maybe i've caught malaria or some other tropical disease, but reassure myself it's just the hangover! I guess in a hot country breaking out in hot sweats must be part of the hangover itself!!!

I can't face the beach today as the heat seems oppressively hot and doesn't gel with hangover symptoms.... so opt for a wander into the town and market, on the way i find a supermarket, i decided to go in just to cool down - as these seem the only places that have decent air con here!!! Anyway im wandering aimlessly round and what do i spot but flip flops.... Not only are they just flip flops, but their the same make and style of my 'spiritual' ones i lost last night, after i literally hadn't seen any like it since i'd bought them in Bangkok 3 years ago! RESULT!! Mine were getting a bit battered anyway.... So guess Bamboo Island was as good a place as any for one to come to rest.... maybe i'll set the other one free in the ocean tomorrow and hope it finds the it's sole mate (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!!) along the way...... Well 3 years is bloody good for a pair of flip flops so they had a good life, ha!

Anyway after the greatest flip flop find i have a wander around the market, but not that impressed, it's not aimed at tourists and so most of the stalls consist of boring clothes and kitchen items... I did actually see some more nice flip flops but refrained as less than a week to go now!!!!

I then head back, wandering aimlessly again around another supermarket just to cool down.....

I then had noodle soup for dinner, which had certain repercussions that you can read about in tomorrow's installment..... All i'll say is it was probably the biggest mistake of my travelling so far........

I then went and watched 127 hours at the free cinema in Cool Bananas... The film wasn't great but was good to chill out with a hangover to..... And not as comfy as the official cinema but for a freebie im not complaining!! I heard rain coming down hard, good it needed it, when i left it finally felt a lot fresher out, this is the first rain i've had since Pai and it didnt last long, but it so felt like it needed it after the days seeming to get hotter and hotter lately.......





Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb