Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
September 29th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Sihanoukville at lunchtime and went to the Starfish cafe (an Intrepid Foundation NGO) for lunch. The food was excellent and so was the shopping! I bought some scarves, necklaces and wallets - I love buying things knowing that the money will help people who really need it. Items may cost more than at the market, but you know if they say it's silver or silk, it actually is. We checked into our hotel, which has cute bungalow rooms and a swimming pool (that actually has cool water, nice). Trev and I set out exploring and found another fair trade shop and bought more things. Yay shopping! We also had 45 min. back massages for $5. We ate fresh seafood BBQ for dinner, which was so fresh and delicious.

Today we took a little boat out to a deserted island. The ride out was about 1 1/2 hours. We stopped to snorkel on our way. There was lots of great corals and small fish, but the sky was really cloudy, so the colours were dull and the water a little murky. Fun anyhow. Just as we arrived at the island it started raining. Our fish lunch BBQ wasn't for another hour, so we decided to swim in the rain. The rain drops were cold, but the water was so warm. We figured, why not? If you're going to get wet in the rain, you may as well swim in the ocean! Tomorrow we have one more day in Sihanoukville and we're not sure what were going to do yet, but we'll try to update again soon.

Love Court

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb