On the beach...... again.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
April 10th 2009
Published: April 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello there!
We are in sunny Sihanoukville. Its a very touristy part of Cambodia in the on the south coast. Here is a list of things we have done since arriving:

-Rob took a ride on a bike with a strange man who wanted to show him the best hotels in the area. He survived and everyone was pleased.
-We met a couple from Denmark who happened to be celebrating a birthday. Rob was a little poorly the next day. LAD.
- tomorrow we are going snorkling.
Thats about it.

Before we came here we were in the Capital Pnem Penn (cant remember how to spell it). We stayed in the backpacker area by a big smelly lake but utilised the good location to visit museums and other such cultural things. On our last day there we hired a driver for the day who took us to the 'Killing fields' from the khmer Rouge regime of the Pol Pot years of 1975-79. After walking though the mass graves and over shredded clothes and bones of the 10,000 victims at that field we were taken to S-21. It used to be a primary school in the heart of the city but in 1975 it was treansfored into a prison used for torture. It was important to see both places because the killing fields were where the victims were finally taken to be executed once that had left S-21. The place was (as you can imagine) a little depressing. After than we were taken home having politely declined the oppertunity to fir AK-47s on a range in the outskirts of the city (did not seem to be the most tasteful thing to do after our trips to the prison- it was also very expensive). We took a bus here the next day. Lots of love to you all, we will be going to Thailand on Monday where we spend 2 weeks and then make our way to Singapore for a flight to NZ (YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!).
x x x x x x x x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DSCF1111DSCF1111
DSCF1111

The national museum
DSCF1130DSCF1130
DSCF1130

Bats in the S21 prison
DSCF1173DSCF1173
DSCF1173

We met members of the Danish national front
DSCF1206DSCF1206
DSCF1206

BBQ on the beach
DSCF1134DSCF1134
DSCF1134

All for $2!!
DSCF1150DSCF1150
DSCF1150

Fire dancing (not us)


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb