Our first beach!!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
November 28th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Crayfish Lady!Crayfish Lady!Crayfish Lady!

Everything that was being sold was carried around on their heads
Well...after a month and a half of travelling through hills, countryside and villages we have finally made it to the beach. Although its not one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia is was still great!

When we got to Sihanoukville we went right to the beach! Within our first 10 minutes we were offered tons of books, postcards, fruit, seafood, manicures, pedicure, massage...anything you could imagine! At first all i wanted was to be left alone to relax. After a while it was fun to talk with all the kids and ladies selling the stuff.

We went to a few different beaches when we were in the Sihanoukville area. We first went to the main tourist beach called serendipity. This beach was the nicest and was lined with about 30 restaurants along the beach. The next one we went to was a pure cambodian beach. All the women were wearing full pants and long sleeve shirts when swimming..i felt out of place so just left all my clothes on also. We also stopped at a few smaller beaches along the road. On the way back to our hotel we found an area covered in monkeys! We stopped and bought a big bunch of bananas and gave them to the monkeys. They came right up to us and grabbed them from our hands and peeled them and ate them. It was soo cute! I could sit and watch a monkeys activities for hours..they are very amusing.

During the evening at Serendipity beach all the restaurants and bars lit up with Christmas lights. There was music playing and seafood bbq's and happy hours at each place. We had some delicious meals and some strong drinks to top off the beach experience. It was soo relaxing to just lounge on the chairs and watch the moon drop into the ocean. It is quite strange though that every night we have been here there has been lightning. It hasnt been stormy just lots of lightning. The beach was definatly a good break from all the travelling and moving we have done. Travelling actually is hard work for all you thinking its really easy and relaxing!

After our time in Sihanoukville we headed back to Phnom Penh. It was by far the craziest city so far. There were soo many bikes and people on the streets and there is no traffic control! No lights! No stop signs! NOTHING! Everytime you got off a bus 50 moto drivers would be there pulling you off the bus to go with them. It was quite intense. When we got back to Phnom Penh we went to the Royal Palace. It is a complex of a bunch more temples. We are really tired of temples for now so it wasnt really that exciting. After that we went for an authentic indian dinner. It was a restaurant with two tables in their home and they cooked our meals on a one burner stove. They warned us it was going to take a while so we were there for about 2 hours watching hindi videos and learning about their culture and talking about our trip to india. It was good to get a taste of Authenic indian culture before going to india in january. Very excited for that part of our trip! Well we arrived in Ho Chi Minh City today in Southern Vietnam! It is huge and crazier than Phnom Penh! A really nice city. Just got here so not much to talk about. Will update in a few days. Hope everyone is doing well!



Advertisement



28th November 2006

I look forward to your updates everyday!! Happy to hear you have had some rest and relaxation. Hope all is well and miss you all soooo much. Take care of yourselves and be safe!! Love mom

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb