The mekong delta!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta
December 2nd 2006
Published: December 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Me and my new friend!Me and my new friend!Me and my new friend!

I was so scared to hold him! especially because he wrapped himself around me.
Well we just finished a two day tour of the Mekong delta in southern Vietnam. It was another amazing experience! After another early rise we headed out of HCMC for the south by a 3 hour bus ride. Once arriving in the first city of My Tho we transferred onto boats. We went all through the canals to a few different islands and seeing the different ways of life on the river. On the different islands there was a bunch of the weird tourist stuff. We got to wrap huge Cobra snakes around ourselves, sample different rice wines, whiskeys, honey, candies, tea..everything you could imagine there was an area that it was being manufactured.

After going through all the different sections we started paddling through all the small canals. It felt very jungly out there. We then continued our journey farther down the Mekong to another city called Can Tho. We stayed in a Vietnamese home here. When we got to their home they made us a great vietnamese dinner and we all sat down talked, laughed and drank rice wine. It was definatly a good experience.

The next day we woke up very ealr to go to the
Looking for honey!Looking for honey!Looking for honey!

In a bunch of bees....yikes!
floating market. It was basically a whole bunch of ships, fishing boats and canoes with all the different things you could ever want to buy. Seeing the way of life of the people in the Mekong was crazy..very different from our western lives. The only downfall of the this trip is I have been horribly sick for the last 3 days so i had to end up journey a bit earlier and missed out on the last part..but other than that all else was great! Pictures are coming soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

me and my conical hatme and my conical hat
me and my conical hat

Im going to try and send some home for shambhala!
Life on the riverLife on the river
Life on the river

It was an amazing place to see real vietnamese life.
The floating marketThe floating market
The floating market

This market went on for kms down the river. It was quite chaotic


3rd December 2006

Love the pictures!! Sorry to hear that you were sick. Hope you are feeling better. Every update gets more interesting. Its almost like I am right there with you. Keep em coming. Love you soooo much

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.046s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb