Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
September 2nd 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Phnom Penh

We made our way to the Royal palace especially to see the Silver Pagoda which is a floor covered with over 5000 silver tiles weighing 1kg each. The funny thing was we walked around the Royal Palace in and out of the different areas only to question a bit later which room was the Silver Pagoda. We worked out that half the floor was covered by carpets to protect the silver so we didn’t even notice we were standing on silver floor tiles.

We have been doing a lot of walking around the city passing street stalls selling fried bugs and crickets, babies being driven around by their parents on motorbikes. There are Cyclos which are like wheel chairs with bikes behind them skinny men peddling as fast as they can through chaotic traffic.


We have been really enjoying the Khmer food it’s not too spicy and the flavours are yummy, what’s better are the 50c Angkor beer. It is nice that there are other international restaurants around the city so we are spoilt for choice. To our amazement we have also found a Kiwi Bakery and inside find mince pies, sausage rolls and melting
Round aboutRound aboutRound about

This round about has no lanes and when traffic is busy reminds me of the Ach de Tromph
moments.


Russian Market was full of clothing, bags and shoes some had labels such as Abercrombie and Finch and some had fake labels’. Lucky that there was really nothing that caught my fancy because we are travelling light and I really don’t have room for more clothes. I really miss the shopping in London already and has me inspired to get home and make some more of my own clothes. Part of the market where the food was stank and was disgusting to walk through, but the rest of the market was pleasant and not too hot.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb