Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
August 29th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We made it quite quickly through the boader with help and clear instructions of what to do and what not to say. Found a nice place to stay with a swimming pool for 7 pound per night, cheap as.

Went for a walk to the old market today which stank to high heaven I guess it didnt help that there were dried fish and what looked like octopus hanging up. We decided to make our way to Bar Street and get ourselves a fruit smoothie which was amazing.

I was so excited to see a fish massage paddling pool on the main street and decided to give it a go, it tickled so much having the little fish eat all the dead skin off my feet.


Later in the day we made it back to Bar Street to try some real Khama cusine, it was yummy very impressed we also found the night market which was clean and had some good looking products to buy although everything was the same. When it started to rain so hard I watched as the locals put up removable drain pipes, extended the rain covers, put on water proof coats and held umbrellas over the tourists heads all for a few dollars. We went and had a drink at Angkor what! and decided to save the rest of our energy for a busy day at the temples.

It was a big day going around the temples, three really stood out to us.
Angkor wat is the most preserved temple of all and is believed to be on of the largest religous structures of the world. Angkor Thom is were Tomb Raider was filmed I love this temple with all its huge tree roots swallowing up the broken temple. And another favourite is Bayon whith the signature of enigmatic smiling faces looking down at you from all angles.

Im really glad that we chose to do it in one day. Some people spend weeks here but I was had had enough one. We saw monkeys on the side of the road today and Elephants walking through Elephant Gate.

We have spent time relaxing in Siem Reap which has been so nice and we feel we are ready to move on to Phnom Penh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Man in the rainMan in the rain
Man in the rain

People here find oppotunity in every situation.


Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb