Drake Passage


Advertisement
Antarctica's flag
Antarctica » Antarctica
March 7th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Perfect travels with no complications. Arrived in Ushuaia and spent few hrs before getting on boat. Went up to a glacier viewing perfect day. Have a Tea House there, something out of Alice in Wonderland. Great tea and hot chocolate!

On the ship 24 hrs now and in the Drake passage. Slept like a baby! Today a bit rougher. Feeling great with scopolomine patch. Saw vultures and whales but most interesting site was watching a small boat chase us last night around 9pm and thinking they were pirates, I was very excited only to find out we had a Pilot on board from Ushuaia that only stays on board until we are outside the country boundrys and in the open ocean. The pick up boat runs along side us and we dont' slow down and we lower a rope ladder to the smaller boat and the pilot climbs down into the little boat. Amazing to watch as its very dark and we are going about 20 knots. our Ship is run by Russians and the expedition is a fun group of canadian and europeans. Doing a great job!

There is alot of competition (testosterone) for first place winner on board so it should prove to be a very exciting finish.

And then there are those like me who just want to finish! We create a nice balance on board!

The internet availablity is text only so I won't see any comments. I have asked Michele to post this for me. Also, don't want any return emails as it's expensive< prohibitively, to get email and no photos or attachments which will cost over $100 USD.

So, life continues to be good and I continue to feel like the most lucky girl in the world.

Cheers and Love

Rosemary

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0837s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb