Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Antarctica
March 3rd 2012
Published: March 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ahh, all has gone well. Flights all good and on second day in the city. Buenos Aires is a great little city. Beautiful architecture, lots of monuments and has a very European feel, no pretensions however. People warm and friendly and hard working. Weather here is perfect San Diego like.

Yesterday after arriving we did a quick 6 mile run in a nearby park-estuary. Last night went to a Tango dinner show. Tango has a fascinating history, never accepted in Buenos Aires as too low class until it became respected in Europe and then Argentina was proud to call it's own. The show was good and although very *touristy*, it was interesting. There is more beef, steak. mostly here than anywhere I have ever been. You order a lunch meal and the steak is probably 16oz! The wine, Malbec, is amazingly good.

Tomorrow I will take a ferry over to Uruguay. Colonio, A small port town just north of Buenos Aires. The roommate is working out well. There are 98 of us, a few are spectators and not running, and many Americans. Everyone is very fun and interesting. Toured different neighborhoods today and saw Eva Perones grave, many artist communities and a reborn exclusive neighborhood, Richolette, at the port on the river.

I have an early} 4.30 am flight on Monday to Tierra del Fuego and then on to the ship.

Hope everyone is well!

Rosemary

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb