Stunning Lake Malawii - Chinteca


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia
October 10th 2007
Published: October 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 12/13/14 7th/8th/9th October
Head through the border from Tanzania to Lake Malawi - Chiweta a long journey...

day 13 Chiweta
Woke up after breakfast and went for a walk along the beach with Amanda...we met up with some gorgeous kids, 5 little boys, two of them brothers. It was mothers day today in Malawi so they were off school, one of the kids said they didn't have a mum.... god these kids were so happy to just come and make friends with us, walk with us, teach us their language and simply play...and I love the way they just automatically hold your hand - their smiles are magical - out of this world. They consume the pleasure of meeting a new person, someone completely different to them - you can almost feel the energy being sucked out of you and into them creating those beautiful smiling faces....

We pack up camp and drive to the next camp site...

Day 14 chinteca - another site, can't remember name..!
GUTTED!!!...we arrive at this awesome campsite and discover that the 'Lake of Stars' festival had just finished the night before....we met up with a few guys, one a dj/music producer
sunrise - lake malawisunrise - lake malawisunrise - lake malawi

...it was about 5.25am and life felt beautiful - wow I think i'm really turning into a hippy....i love it!
called Chcheya from North End Road in Fulham and another, Ivan, who is a landscape gardener from Crouch End...it's a small world...oh and two Martin's from Estonia.

We were a little apprehensive about going into the lake at Malawi - we'd heard a few horror stories about bugs etc, but apparently where we are is ok - so we go in and it's beautiful, so refreshing. After dinner, a little chingchinalinging and it's off to bed, I was in a tent by myself tonight, thought it would be difficult and my mind would be thinking, wondering too much, but was so knackered I just fell asleep.

Next day woke up to a beautiful morning - sun blaring - the lake waters crashing - god it's beautiful...After brekkie, we all go on a village walk, but in actual fact it turned out to be a village marathon - although it was great, the kids were so sweet and the hike was great exercise too, especially after being on the truck so much....after the walk we had an ice cold coke and a dip in the lake which went down a treat...

Day 15 Lake Malawi - Chinteca - Senga Bay
It's not even 5.30am yet and bloody hell, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! The sun is rising and everything is silent apart from the birds and a few tent zips you can hear from campers desperately trying to get out half asleep to have a pee they've been holding on to all night...! The sunrise is absolutey stunning, awe..I don't want to go all hippy and everything but it is beautiful, nature is amazing, the world really is a wonderful place... Amanda and I take a tip at sunrise before breakfast - bliss...such still waters and the sun shining through....



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

little girl on beachlittle girl on beach
little girl on beach

awe...we were just walking on the beach and she just ran up and clung on to my hand...


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb