The best part of the day was the hot chocolate


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
August 15th 2012
Published: September 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We were up at 4.00am to leave at 5.00am. We weren’t getting breakfast before we left as we would stop off along the way to get some breakfast. Everyone slept the first couple of hours in the truck, then around 8am when we stopped off at a restaurant which had been pre-ordered. Everyone got Spanish omelette, crepes and oranges along with our choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. It was a real treat to get breakfast in a restaurant. It was then back on the truck for a very long drive to reach our campsite which we had been told was famous for their hot chocolates. We got there after six, which is a long day of driving, the crazy thing is that for some of these journeys the distance would suggest that the drive would be a lot shorter, for example todays drive was 480 km which would suggest just over five hours, however apart from the breakfast break our drive took closer to ten hours.

The campsite was nice, we had hot showers, ate dinner and then went to the bar area which was amazzzing. It was decorated with lots of hay bales, and cushions and little lanterns. We both got a chocolate brownie each and I got the hot chocolate whilst Chris went for some Serengeti beer. The hot chocolate had Wild Africa in it which is meant to be like Amarula – it was lovely. After such a long day, everyone was ready for bed by 9.00pm!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb