One pair of trousers gone


Advertisement
Malawi's flag
Africa » Malawi » Lake Malawi » Chitimba Beach
August 16th 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was another driving day as we headed towards the border of Malawi. We got up early and were ready to depart for 6am. Due to unpredictable border entries we packed our lunch in the morning and set off for another long day. The drives really are part of the overlanding experience, they can be very long but really to be able to see so many countries in such a short space of time it really is the best option. Again,everybody slept for a while on the truck, played some card games, read a little, for some reason my travel sickness hasn’t bothered me too much on the truck which is a positive as it would be a very long journey if I wasn’t able to do anything other than sit looking out the window.

When we got to the border we exchanged any remaining Tanzanian shilling for Malawian kwacha. The exchange rate for the kwacha is 400 to £1, which is a lot easier to work out than 2300 tanzanian shilling to £1. The border crossing wasn’t too long this time, perhaps due to the fact that we didn’t have to pay for entry to Malawi so it was simply a matter of filling out a short form and getting our passports stamped, as well as having our yellow fever certificate checked. The lady who stamped Chris’ passport was rather funny, telling him that he looked like a girl with long hair, he was tempted to tell her that she looked like a man but he thought better of it considering that she had yet to stamp his passport. We got back on the truck and headed towards our campsite at Chitimba Beach. The campsite itself was quite basic, but it was right on the beach and the people who owned and worked in it were very friendly. We set up our tent and it was our groups turn to cook so we went and helped Jared prepare the food. Tonight we had a vegetable type curry, much to Chris’ dislike, he doesn’t think a meal is complete until there is some kind of meat in it.

Everyone chilled out after dinner and it was decided that we would play the cereal box game. This comprises of bending down without using your hands to pick up a cereal box using your mouth. As the cereal box gets succesffuly picked up each time, it is ripped so that it decreases in height each time. By the end there was four of us who were still in, Chris and I both being still in. I was wearing leggings so It wasn’t too hard for me, Chris however was in his trousers. Determined not to be beaten he split his trousers in the process!!! Everyone in the circle was in fits of laughter as he successfully picked up the cereal box from flat on the ground with his boxers in clear view.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb