Serengeti


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
June 14th 2007
Published: June 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

LeopardLeopardLeopard

shame it didn't turn its head
Wed 13th
Ok another long drive but it was worth it. Read a lot of my book. The last bit of the road was bumpy but nothing compared with Kenya. Drove past the Nogorogoro Crater and drove along the edge, before continuing for another three hours to the Serengeti. I said to our guide that I wanted to see an adult male lion, and 10 mins later we saw one! Then Sean requested a leopard and in the next hour we came across one in a tree. It was too good to be true! We also saw lots of zebra and wildebeest migrating.

Thurs 14th

Up at 6.30 for the game drive - we saw another leopard and even more wildebeest migrating. We drove to a toilet stop, but as we got out, we were called back into the truck as there was a male lion 20 metres away! It was really impressive & I managed to get a good photo, which I hadn’t been able to yesterday. We also saw Maissi giraffe, zebra, Agama lizards, vultures, hippo, topi, Thompson gazelle, baboons (playing in the trees), and 2 small, impressive birds (the Lilac-Breasted Roller and the appropriately named Superb Starling).

Then a three-hour bumpy drive back to the Crater, to stay in a beautiful campsite that overlooked it, and the elephants as they wandered through. But rather cold, so finally a worthy time to have my hot chocolate sachets that I had been saving since Paul was with me in South Africa!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

ZebraZebra
Zebra

reasting its head
Upside down hippoUpside down hippo
Upside down hippo

rolling in the mud- thats its foot!
Wildebeast migrationWildebeast migration
Wildebeast migration

It wasn't possible to take a photo that really showed how many there were.
LionLion
Lion

Just as we were about to get out for a toilet stop!!
LionLion
Lion

Better just cross our legs and wait!
New toyNew toy
New toy

Thought to be a bird unfortunatly turned out was plastic.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb