2nd Day Trip: Game Reserve Park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
September 28th 2012
Published: September 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The next adventure we went on was to Hluhluwe - Imfolozi Park. It is a game reserve about 2 and a half hours north of Durban. The game park is mostly fenced in to protect the animals from poachers. Especially the Rinos. The Park is around 900,000 acres. It houses the Big Five: Rino, Lion, Cheeta, Elephants, and Cape Buffalo. We saw 3 of the five. All but the cats, which are hard to see during the day becuase they find a sunny spot and lay there all day.

The trip was on a very nice day and we were the only ones so we could do what we wanted to do and go at our own speed. We saw many different types of animals and learned lot about each one. One thing I would do differently would be to stay over night in the park. There are camps you can stay at (not all in tents, most are buildings) and see animals for two or more days. I wish we could have done that.

After the day at the game reserve we spent the evening in St. Lucia on lake St. Lucia. This is a very large salt water lake on the east coast. Here we took a boat ride on the river and saw crocs and hippos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb