Back in Johannesburg


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Gauteng » Johannesburg
May 13th 2008
Published: May 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dori and I are back in Johannesburg for the night. We fly out tomorrow for Victoria Falls and Matetsi.
The Indian Ocean and beaches in Durban were beautiful. The secutity is very high and we were not allowed out after dark without security. Even the taxi driver had been hijacked 3 times. We drive back into the city a bit looking for a spice store and an art shop. The taxi driver took us to an emporium where we bought Zach his VooDoo item and a few other "goodies" to bring good luck and a long live to the receiver.

In the evening we dined at a hotel just 2 doors down and had a South African favorite dish - bunny chow! It was a dish from the Apartheid times when blacks could not eat with whites so they were given take out food. They hollowed out a small loaf of bread and filled it with a curry dish. (The orginal take out).

We saw not wildlife today or yesterday other than the 2 legged ones walking down the street. The street merchants crafts were just o.k. but we have no room to pack anything in our suitcases.

We are having trouble uploading photos again so this may be it until the next internet access

Advertisement



13th May 2008

sayy what???????
what do u meen the taxi driver had been hijacked 3 times?!?!?!
14th May 2008

no worries
Hi Zac - don't worry - we were not in the taxi! We are on our way to Zimbabwe this morning to see some more critters.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb