Rwanda Genocide


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Rwanda genocide occurred in Africa, Rwanda. The people included in the Rwanda genocide was the Hutus and Tutsis. The genocide began on April 6, 1994. The Hutus wanted to eliminate all of the Tutsi. The Hutus called this elimination ethic cleansing. The Rwanda genocide happened only for 100 days. It killed about 800,000 Tutsis. The reason the Hutus wanted to eliminate the Tutsis is because the Hutus did not like how Tutsi had more power. At first the Tutsi and Hutus were considered categories in class. People could move up and become a Hutus. Later the Europeans came and Hutus and Tutsis became a more racial thing. The Germans then came made the Tutsis have more power because they had more characteristics that resembled them to Europeans. The Hutus got made at this and they tried to eliminate the Tutsis. The Tutsis tried to hied in churches, hospitals and schools, but the Hutus stilled found them and killed them there. The genocide stopped when the RPF (Rwandan PAtriotic Front)took over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb