Genocide of Rwanda


Advertisement
Rwanda's flag
Africa » Rwanda
January 22nd 2014
Published: January 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The genocide that I chose was the one that took place in Rwanda, Africa in the mid 90s. Rwanda is made up of two main tribes known as the Hutu and the Tutsi. The Tutsi were discriminated amongst everyone because they were blamed for several crises that were happening at the time like political and economic pressures. Therefore, Hutu extremists would slaughter almost a million children, women, and men over the course of a couple of weeks. The genocide officially began after the president of Rwanda's plane was shot down. They believed that the Tutsi tribe had enough of the Hutu, so they had to go to an extreme of killing the president. The Tutsi rebels called the RPF ended the genocide by defeating the Hutu regime and having the RPF president taking control of the country. Why do we care about the Rwandan genocide, and why do we even care to know about this? The reason being is that the Tutsi tribe was almost killed for little to no reasons. Plus, other nations didn't acknowledge this as an actual genocide when clearly it was. They didn't care to find out more about the case and just disregard it. No steps were taken in order to handle the situation nor to really fix it. It's important to care about the social status of other countries like in Rwanda's case for having a mass killing of some people because of petty things. The results were really grave that even a movie "Hotel Rwanda" was made to show how devastating it was for people to experience such horror without having any rescue from other nations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb