Armenian Genocide Survivor Reflection


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 7th 2014
Published: February 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I watched a video about an Armenian genocide survivor, and it's always sad to hear about these people suffering throughout their lives because of a stupid reason. The power that was given to the new leaders at the time is simply idiotic and crazy because they had no justifications on why the Armenian race was such a threat to the government. The survivor claimed that she was with her brother and sister while they were walking. Just imagine how hard it is to be along with your family walking to your death at any moments time for any reason. The soldiers there were tyrants and were not giving in to pleads of mercy. For example, the girl who got picked up to go with the soldier in the holding cell was flailing around and resisting. Her mother would beg with several things in order to get her daughter back like jewelry and money. However, the soldier didn't even pay attention to her and took the daughter away. The survivors are extremely lucky to be alive after all of the things that they had to go through.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb