China Isn't What It Seems


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The United States is ranked third according to the HDI. Being in third is incredibly good for such a huge country. You can expect that a country that's a huge importer of several products like food and technology, the HDI must be one of the best. When you think of countries that sound like the United States, China is likely to be nominated. However, there is more than deceives the eye. The stereotype of the Chinese doing better in school isn't seen here. The Americans are in school on average of 13.3 years while the Chinese only go for 7.5 years. This almost 6 year gap puts Americans ahead on their education. Also, there are more males in China than female by 20 million. There are less in America, but China has more of a women inequality financially by 5 percent. The women in China have earned less money because of their inequality compared to Americans. Lastly, the children are expected to have less years in school unlike the Americans. The children are more time in school for the Americans than the Chinese. With all these factors, I consider China an advanced country. Although the HDI for China is in the hundreds, I still consider it an advanced country because it has almost equivalent stats to the United States. China just lacks in some areas so it's still such a low HDI rank.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb