4 Effective Tips For Women Travelers Visiting Morocco


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz » Marrakech
January 7th 2016
Published: January 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It has been quite some time that some women travelers are seen flying solo. They rock the world and they do not need the assistance of any male counterpart to offer them with guidance. They can manage on their own. However, when it comes to travelling to a highly conservative Muslim country like Morocco, they need to be extremely careful about a lot of things.

Morocco is one of the many countries in the world which can be visited by women either in group or al alone provided they take intensive care and follow certain norms. It can be quite an intimidating experience to pay a visit to an Islamic country for those who have never been there.

Adequate measures should be taken starting from what to pack to what to wear on the streets in order to ensure a happening Moroccan trip ahead.

Listed below are some of the tips that will offer effective guidance to all the women who are planning to visit Morocco during their vacations. Stay at one of the 5 star hotels Morocco and continue enjoying your dream holiday.

Be careful: Walking down the streets alone at night might be riskier. You need to do all what you have done to ensure your safety while travelling alone in your native land or in any other place in the world. Your safety lies in your own hands. The people you meet, the people you greet and the surrounding you are in tend to call for a reality check for all those who just do not care. It is better not to indulge into wine consuming sessions with people you do not know. Even when you are alone, you must not consume alcohol so that you can avoid putting yourself in any kind of compromising situations. Though the situation has changed a lot, it is still quite an uncomfortable sight to find the women in the country to sit in cafes. If you wish to visit a café then you may ask the hotel Eden Andalou Aquapark And Spa to let you know the names of cafes where they welcome both the gender.

Do not smile unnecessarily: A smile in the Moroccan land means you are eager to initiate a conversation with the strangers. This leads to the rise of unnecessary assumptions. Keep your communication to a minimum.

Do not respond to any comment: Even if you are complimented with a flattering adjective, you should refrain from giving any response to the comment. If you feel threatened at any point of time, let them know that you are not taking stuff politely and may approach the police. If you find a police officer on your way, do not hesitate to inform him of the situation. The Moroccan police is extremely strict and do not take kindly any type of harassment of the travelers.

Consider properly before wearing stuff: If you are not on a beach or pool side, then it is better not to wear clothes that show off your arms and legs. Both men and women are expected to cover their bodies especially when they are in public. Wear a wedding band even when you are not married so that you can avoid wedding propositions that might come down your way.

These are some of the tips you must consider to follow in order to ensure a safe Moroccan trip ahead.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb